Monday, October 15, 2007

An Ode: I just want you to know who I am

Several turn of events over the past decade decided to unleashed themselves upon me these past few months, and it culminated with a rather ominous and inapportune phone call from mom Sunday night. It now seems inevitable that I will lose my grasp on someone who I hold so dear, who seems determined to close all doors and burn all bridges. Clash of stubborness? Unworthiness? But why the deceit? I am so reminded of these lyrics...


And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
[...]
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
[...]

'Iris' by the Goo Goo Dolls

No comments: