Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Facebook? Really now...

Hmm... on a much lighter note, I finally decided to get myself a Facebook account -- after much incessant proddings from everyone I know... who ALL seem to be on Facebook (here is Wikipedia's entry on Facebook, which I thought was an interesting read). Didn't really care and know what all the fuss are about, until a few hours ago :) Indeed, Facebook is just amazing -- I am finding out about old chums again, and what's more, they seem to remember me; Supreme Kai!

That, and this phdcomic, which seems to back my decision on the other front...


Those bloody guys from Harvard are no doubt enjoying themselves seeing people glued to their product. And with the silly gadgets/plugin-applications incorporated into Facebook, it's just designed to keep people on it for hours on end! *sigh*

Anyway, it seems that the German community has its own Facebook equivalent, its clone, as Chris has brought to my attention. It is known as the studiVZ, and already Chris, Karen, and Leo are on them. There are other clones too; studiQG.fr, studiLN.it, estudiLN.es, studentIX.pl, and iwiw.hu.

One bad thing though, Facebook and StudiVZ are completely two different entities and are not inter-linkable *grr* I don't want to have another separate account... don't make me sign-up for another one... help...

No comments: